♪ (dramatic chord) ♪
- (Finebros) Okay, so we are going to be showing you
a series of videos, BUT there's a challenge.
- Oh no.
- (Finebros) You're not allowed to smile or laugh.
- Oh, seriously?
- I think I'm good at that, unfortunately.
- That's real messed up 'cause I feel like a smile is my natural state.
- I have always wanted to be on one of these!
I love-- these are my favorite out of YouTubers React.
- (Finebros) Are you ready? - I'm 100% ready.
♪ (gauntlet thrown!) ♪
Bring it on.
- Not allowed on the beaches or in the parks outside certain hours.
- If it's dogs, I'm gonna laugh. (chuckles)
Oh, wait-- that doesn't count though!
No, 'cause I'm laughing at myself for being hilarious.
- (Finebros) We'll let that one slide. - Okay, sorry.
- (news anchor) So how is it that these two are roaming
their neighborhood, frightening the locals, and the council isn't stopping it.
- (man) Yeah, yesterday morning I came out into the front yard
and the dogs were across the road,
and as soon as they saw me...
- He looks familiar. - (man) ...they came bounding over.
(ferocious growling) - Mmm.
That's who he is.
- (man) They came bounding over. (ferocious growling)
- (blandly) There's nothing funny about insanity.
- (man) They came bounding over. (ferocious growling)
- (splutters) I was doing so good, man!
I was concentrating and I was thinking, "Okay, I'm gonna make it through."
But-- (laughing) what the [bleep] are you doing?!
- (man) And I just made it into the front door in time.
- Nice try.
- I'm glad I've already seen that or I might have laughed.
- You're gonna do a song for us, right?
- (man) Yes. - Wait, do I get a chance
to not laugh at every video? (chuckling)
Oh [bleep]! Well, that does not count!
- There are so many mullets in this video.
♪ (piano ballad plays) ♪
- (man squeaking) ♪ Me, me, me, me, me, moo, me, moo ♪
(babbling) ♪ Doo ♪ - You don't say.
- (man slurps in air) ♪ Bum, poo, poo ♪
♪ Poo, poo-nuh ♪
(babbling) ♪ Boo, neh, neh, neh ♪
- Where-- what's that kid doing there?
- (man) ♪ Di, di, di, di, di, di, di, di, di, di, di ♪
- (giggles) - (man) ♪ Duh, duh, duh, duh, duh ♪
- I was doing so well! (buzzer)
- (man) ♪ Duh, duh, duh, duh ♪
(forceful grunt) ♪ Duh, duh, duh, duh ♪
- The internet sucks so much.
- ♪ (man lows) ♪
- Beautiful. Beautiful.
- Look at that baby. (polite applause)
- Oh, I smiled. (buzzer)
- All right, that one was funny at first,
then it just got weird after that. (laughing)
OH NO!!! No-ho-ho-ho!
Nooooooo! Drat! (buzzer)
- (clapping along) Uh-huh.
- I am so gonna win this.
(cat hiccups and farts)
(cat hiccups and farts in slow-mo)
- See, that got me to smirk though. That legit got me to smirk.
I talked a big game, and none of it was true.
- I don't think I've ever heard a cat fart.
- (man) Body powder that you can spray?
- How many more of these are there?
♪ (unsettling music) ♪
- Damn it. That was good. (buzzer)
- Oh noooooo!
- Oh, I get it. - (man) What could be next?
♪ (EDM beat) ♪ ♪ Ahhhh ♪
♪ Skin ♪ - I can't talk or I'll laugh.
- (man) ♪ Shh ♪
- I'm feeling something internally. I don't know what it is.
- (man) ♪ I'm nurturing my skin ♪
♪ I get something ♪
♪ (music builds) ♪ - Oh, there's a little shimmy!
I love the shimmy. I'm sorry, I smiled.
I didn't laugh. I just got so excited by the shimmy.
- (man) ♪ Man up ♪
♪ Foot powder spray ♪ ♪ Man up ♪
- That one almost got me.
♪ (serene ballad) ♪
- Oh my god, there's more. Oh my god.
♪ (flute whistles softly) ♪
- I've never seen this movie.
- (Frodo, contorted voice) Gandalf!
- (Gandalf hums strangely) - (suppressed laughter)
(Gandalf laughs unnaturally)
What-- uh, what?!
I got the animation over my face now. Dang it!
(Gandalf laughs in slow-mo)
- (Frodo moans in excitement)
- (Legolas hums flatly)
- (Frodo moans) - What is this?
- (Frodo moans)
(in slow-mo) Aragorn!
- (Aragorn) Yeeeeeah.
- Oh god! - (Finebros) You won!
- That was it? I DID IT!
- I am the champion of having no emotions!
- Oh my god! That was so difficult.
Why did I try so hard?
This was my Amazing Race.
- (Finebros) Okay, so you didn't win. - Great. I'm a loser.
- I don't like not smiling at something that's supposed to be funny.
- No. Can you tell me who did?
- (Finebros) Who do you think? - Oh, Shane.
- (Finebros) What was your strategy in trying not to smile or laugh?
- I mean... (laughs) a lot of childhood trauma.
- Soft brain focus, so you don't really, really internalize.
- You just try to do the frown. The frown is the strategy.
- I start thinking about my ex's guy that she hooked up with.
That's what I think about when I watch these,
and it still doesn't work.
- I was really trying to channel my inner Shane Dawson.
Shane Dawson's a [bleep] wall. He is a wall!
I'm sorry. I let you down, buddy.
- (Finebros) Why do you think this type of challenge video
is so popular on YouTube?
- First of all, because you want to see someone fail.
Like, that's always been fun.
- It's just so simple and relatable.
Everyone loves to challenge their friend to be like,
"I bet you can't watch this without laughing."
- You want to see if you can do it.
You're like, "Oh, they laughed? I can do it."
But then you laugh. (sassily) But not me! Uh-huh!
- (Finebros) Would you say that is more fun watching other people do this
or competing yourself?
- I think it's more fun to participate
because you're the one they're trying to make you laugh.
- Watch, for sure, because you're gonna laugh
and you're allowed to laugh with everything that is happening.
- It's definitely more fun watching people compete in the challenge.
As a competitor, it was too much pressure.
- Oh, it's way more fun to watch this type of video!
Being a part of this sucked a D!
- (Finebros) So what do you want to say to the rest of the YouTubers
who also lost? - Ah, pffft. You wanna collaborate?
- I have no idea! I'm still upset that I lost.
- Smiling's natural, but if you laughed you're weak!
- Just know that you have other talents in your life.
- I'm glad that you're happy.
I'm excited for you that you can accept emotions as they come.
- (Finebros) What do you want to say to those who lost?
- I'm jealous of you.
I wish I could laugh at farting cats.
- I'm sorry that your failure has a feel.
I wouldn't know.
- Congratulations on being a human being
because jury's out on whether I'm a serial killer or not.
- (Finebros) So then what do you want to say to the ones who won?
- To those who won, do you want to collaborate?
- You're dead inside.
- What is it like to hate joy?
- You have no soul and I'm kind of scared of you.
- Shane, you're the MVP. You're the VVVIP.
I don't know how you do it. Teach me your secrets!
- Shane, as always, I feel bad for the guards you have up
and the boundaries we talk about trying to break down.
I encourage you to call me for sure.
- (Finebros) And what do you want to say to the ones who also won?
- Yes! Shane and Grace, I knew I could count on you.
- Shane, he can compartmentalize emotion like no one I've ever seen before.
Congratulations on maybe being a serial killer.
- Come over to my house.
Let's have a party where we just sit and frown.
(laughs) For hours!
- Thanks for watching us try not to smile or laugh
here on YouTubers React.
- Make sure to subscribe to all of the other YouTubers in the episode.
I mean, maybe just the winners,
but, you know, the losers too, I guess.
- M'kay! Bye!
(chair clatters) (groaning in pain)